If you take care of your tattoo for the first month you will have great results.
Tonight you should wash your new tattoo very gently and then use the balm to moisten the area sparingly. Use about the size of a grain of rice and pat it on. You can continue to do this for up to a week.
- Don’t get it wet! No swimming, hot tubs, sweating. Wear a baseball cap to protect your eyebrows and sunglasses if you’ve had eyeliner done today.
- The sun will diminish your results. Don’t have a dark suntan on your face because as your tan exfoliates, so will your pretty tattoo.
- Don’t work out for the first 14 days as sweat is salty and salt removes the pigment.
- Avoid direct shower water on the treated area. Do the very best you can to keep the tattoo dry while in the shower, I will give you a visor to wear. Absolutely NOTHING on the area..no water, no makeup, lotions, pencil…etc. for 14 days and avoid scrubbing the treated area for at least one month
- Avoid sleeping on your face during the first 14 days afterwards.
- You must be off Accutane for 1 year with no exceptions.
- You may not be a good candidate if you have severely oily skin, your results will appear softer.
- Very dark skin types will not appear as bold as lighter skin and may appear more solid/powdered due to having a darker skin color in the background.
- Smoking will cause the pigment to fade prematurely.
- No swimming until the area is healed as this may cause the pigment to fade prematurely. It is best to apply Vaseline to the area prior to swimming even after it is healed.
- Only touch the treated area with squeaky clean hands during the healing process.
- DON’T RUB,SCRATCH OR PICK AT THE TREATED AREA. Let any scabbing, flaking or dry skin naturally come off on its own. Any picking can cause infection or scarring.
With eyeliner permanent makeup, when the 2 weeks are up and you wear makeup again, make sure to use a brand new mascara.